Sunday, August 07, 2005

Stand up Stand up For What You believe in believe in believe in God....

I think that Christian guys should stand up if they think that girls should dress modestly. The world is not afraid to say, "Hey wear that disgusting dress," or whatever. It's in songs all over the place. And yet Christian guys are all quiet about it. I mean our dads and all will encourage us. But when does a guy compliment a girl on dressing modestly. Other guys whistle in the mall, on the street, encouraging the girls to dress like that to get attention. But do Christian guys give girls who dress modestly any thumbs up or... Attention? I mean, we may dress modestly, but that doesn't mean we don't want attention. Just not the whistling on the street kind. Why should a girl have to dress like that to get attention?

I admit, it's harder to be friends with the guys at work than with the guys from HSG or church.
1) some of them I don't want to be friends with because they are so worldly. i.e. After findingout last summer that my mmom had a daughter 2 years his junior, he promptly askes if she's available. (Once he actually met me and got past that, He's actually ok, like he does his job and isn't completely stupid, doesn't tease maliciously, knows how to apologize.)

2) Some of them are just.... Not very smart, and lazy. And they, hmm, may be intimidated, because I know more than them? Because they act like they know nothing? I'm not saying they do know nothing....

There are the exceptions. Brandon and Josh are nice. My boss is the awesomest, Jeff watches out for other people. He's also grown up.... :P

Ok, sorry guys to be ranting on you. I'm not sure that you should be paying us all that much attention. Girls need to listen to their Papa.


In other news:

I took my English Placement Test for College.... And I did Very well and I'm completely psyched!! And I get to be in Honors English. yay!!

And I bought a cell phone. Beth bought one... kinda riled my dad 'cause she didn't ask. So I asked, and pointed out that I' m going to college and Mommy likes to drive my car. And he said yeah I could. So now.... I have a cell phone.

Jacob bought a pink shirt. It's cute.

The Mall used to have a "Breakfast foods" Playplace. It had Pancakes and waffles and bacob and eggs and sausages and fruit, all really big, for kids to crawl on. Well, they've gone on the Atkin's diet. They took out the Pancakes and Waffles.

We found our writing teachers books at the bookstore. They were on the Clearance shelf. We were crushed.

We went to the Mall last night. Without any money. That was weird...

My mom said I was weird last night because I was doing a "dance" that we did at camp to all teh techno songs. We were listening to techno music.

Today on the way to church, we say this guy in his car. He was rocking back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. In his car. While driving. The whole time we could see him. Like three minutes. We first spotted him going up a hill, and we thought maybe his car was weak , but then he kept it up going down the hill.... Strange folks in these here parts.....

I have a foam sticker stuck to my leg that says I am Bossy. Anastasia wrote it. There i took it off.

Hows abouts anotha song?? Hows abouts ah new ahtist?

Deeds
By sanctus real

Yeah mister deeds has got you wrapped around his finger
With what you think you need to be delivered
You look for accidents so you can be the hero
You wrote the charity check that ends in double zeros
You help old ladies cross the street
You welcome homeless where you sleep
YOu give to everyone in need
You even hold a city key
Aren't you great?
But that's not good enough

If you don't have faith you have nothing at all
if you don't have deeds you faith will fall
They can't be true without eachother
You can't have one without the other

You think your faith is where
You sit on Sunday morning
You've got a front row seat
Where you can't be seen snoring
Throughout the week you
Live your life inside a bubble
You find your happiness
Avoiding peoples' troubles
Your life revolves around
Yourself, you don't treat
Others very well
You day your faith will get
You by and that you won't be
Left behind
You might be right, but that's
Not good enough

If you don't have deeds you
Have nothing at all
If you don't have faith your
Faith will fall
They can't be true without
Each other
You can't have one without
The other

You know I can't see thinking
That I'd be
Better off living just for
Selfish ambition, noI know that faith is more than
Just believing
We should do the right
Things, for the right reasons



Sanctus Real is Coming in October And I"M GOING TO SEE THEM!!!! YAY!

9 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, August 07, 2005, Blogger Jacob Feldman said...

That person you saw was Sean! He was jammin out to his hip-hop robbin bobbin music! Represent! Couldn't have been anyone else!

Well, hey, as I said before. Guys are stupid. Girls are smart. Guys are clever, but stupid, if you know what I mean.

Comments about modesty, I'm not quite sure (just off the top of my head, needs more thinking) that a guy should walk up to a girl he knows and thank her for dressing modestly. I believe that's what brothers are for. Brothers should screen their sisters.

 
At 12:30 AM, August 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to brother's protection and screening!!! (That's what you're there for Will! :) ) I think, for me, it would be a breath of fresh air to hear a complement about dressing modestly- even from my dad or brothers! I definitely concur that even modest girls like attention, but NOT the wistling kind!!! Also, girls should listen and be close to their "papas"!!! I am to mine, I love him dearly. He's always telling me he's got a shot gun if any guys start hanging around me!

Another good song there, but it never mentions God in it, though, I suppose it's implied that that's who you'd have your faith in.
I too know guys to fit all categories you mentioned... all of them need a close relationship with Jesus Christ, He's the only way!

I like reading your posts- they um.... flow nicely! I can follow your train of thought as I read it. Thanks! Over-and-out.

 
At 12:32 AM, August 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arrrrgggg!!! IT's not 12:30 or 12:32 am!! Is this Virginia time or something?????

 
At 8:04 AM, August 08, 2005, Blogger Marguerite said...

Oh, THAT Dan. :) you're getting a job? what is it?

The person i saw was certain not the fair skinned, blond hair Sean. He had dark curly hair. And Sean has a rodeo.

I'm not sure if you've forgotten this, but you guys Are our brothers. And some peoples fathers and brothers don't notice that a girl dresses modestly. Some girls don't have fathers or brothers. Not here anyway.

Papa can be our Heavenly Father too. :)

Sorry Adam, I didn't take anything out of this post... and it's really really really really long.

I admit, the song doesn't mention God, but I'd say it was pretty Christian. It's just kinda focused at people who already know God...? (This is where Jacob starts a big debate) And um... Glad you can follow my train of thought. lol. It's a family thing... You should hear our Family devos sometimes.... :P We start in Malachi, and Armegeddon or something like it, and end up somewhere past homeless people and airplanes.

DonutGuy is closer to you, so it's not as late for him.... Yeah I do believe it's Virginia time. You guys are always late.... :P

 
At 8:08 AM, August 08, 2005, Blogger Marguerite said...

And Dan, you're not stupid, you're smart. But yeah, you're lazy. :P

 
At 9:30 AM, August 08, 2005, Blogger Jacob Feldman said...

AHHHH!!! Dads with shotguns!!! Run!

 
At 10:20 AM, August 08, 2005, Blogger Jason said...

whats this? what the heck? why why WHY? who are you donutman? whoooooooooooo?????

and now, comments that relate to the blogg.....
whats ur cellphone #?
it had better be verizon, or supermonky will cap you all.....IN THE EYE!!!!

jacob, you are white.

keep chillin, crackus!

 
At 1:12 PM, August 08, 2005, Blogger .. said...

what? no more pankakes and waffles?

ur talking about my mall right? fair oaks mall?

I agree about guys promoting immodest clothes. bleh...what is this world coming to?
ACTUALLY...you know what I think? I think guys have no say in this. Its girls fault they show off their bodies. guys are just stupid and ignorant and they will take it in. girls need to stand up and stop this madness.

 
At 4:27 PM, August 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, girls should not be swayed so much by what the world (or actually some movie star in Hollywood) says is in fashion. If the shoes are stylish but hurt to wear---don't wear them! Use some common sence! And as far as modest clothes go, I find it best to only wear what you'd feel comfortable wearing to your pastor's home to visit. Or some other place like that.

Of course girls NEED to be close to their heavenly "papa"! Everyone does! :)

I get the whole time thing now, thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home