Thursday, August 04, 2005

lol. I don't have a problem with what my grandmother did. I mean she brushed her teeth and took showers. People don't have a problem with that. I don't have a problem with being different, and I'll call it courtship. hmm... About the middle ages, they do have their down side, but they're fascinating. Like robin hood and ivanhoe and all that lovely stuff. We had a Mideival Banquet thing for Homeschool group. That was a Whole lot of fun. I don't know if I could take no plates every day. Yeah I have to wash the dishes, I could take it.

At this point.... I'm not sure how I'd handle even courting. I mean there's the get my dad's permission thing, and the get to know the family too thing. But at the same time.... I'm out of highschool.... It's different. Like... I don't know, maybe it's me and my expectations changing... I know they have.

Mella, I read Clothes to Jacob. He didn't find it nearly as amusing as I did. I'm wondering if maybe the humor I saw was purely a girl thing. I mean the things I find funny are not in any way original, they're things the "Modest Ms.es" say all the time. Any way, I'm going to post it here, so you can all decide for yourselves. :)

Clothes
by Barlow Girl

Clothes aren't what they used to be
They don't seem to fit you and me anymore
Modesty is out the door
Flaunting what we've got and more is in
Yeah it's in

They're saying
Don't ask why just do what we say
You'll look like a model if you'll only obey
To get the attention, just do what we say

Pay so much for clothes so small
Was this shirt made for me or my doll?
Is this all I get?
I looked so hot but I caught a cold
I was doing just what I was told
To fit in

We're saying let's ask why
Don't wear what they say
Don't want to be a model
They can't eat anyway
that kind of attention will fade with the day
So I'll stand up and say

Clothes that fit are fine
Won't show what's mine
Don't change my mind
I'll be fine

I realized why the song sounds so familiar. Every time my sisters and I go to the mall, it's a game to make light of all the skimpy clothes. We don't go to the mall That often. Well, Anastasia and I don't, Bethany goes every week or so to stock up on Chucks.

And yeah, barlow girl doesn't have the greatest songwriter. They're pop punk, it's to be expected. But That wasn't the point :).

6 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, August 05, 2005, Blogger .. said...

THAT SONG IS SO GREAT!!!
I love it so much. it sounds like I wrote it.

guys totally do not understand this stuff.

why cant there be more guys like Will in the world?

so why am i up this early? I have a class...blegh

 
At 2:22 PM, August 05, 2005, Blogger .. said...

lalala i'm so bored.

the funny part of that song is "was this shirt made for me or my doll?" i cracked up when i heard that the first time. just how it sounds...such an odd line... when you read it it seems soooo stupid though but the song is funny when you listen to it...aaaaaaanywaaaaaay, i cant explain... whatever! ARE YOU HAPPY IM LEAVING YOU COMMENTS??

 
At 2:23 PM, August 05, 2005, Blogger .. said...

hahaha...i sound like a little kid:

ARE YOU HAPPY I'M LEAVING YOU COMMENTS??

 
At 2:36 PM, August 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!!! I just read your post and thought I'd leave a comment! Great song! I am all for modesty in girl's clothing, and courting for that matter, too! :) I liked the part of the song that said " Don't want to be a model/ they can't eat anyway." So true. Also the "doll clothes" line was pretty funny and true of a lot of girls I see around these hot summer days.:( It's sad...many of them don't realize just what they're advertising!

 
At 11:01 PM, August 05, 2005, Blogger Jacob Feldman said...

Wow, I get to be the dissenter again. Flatbill, you scare me man. Way to wordy. I am too when I'm passionate about something. You just talk about everything no matter what. Kinda scary.

I find the song to be empty, pointless, and weak. Just my opinion. But, that's how I feel about just every "Christian" group out there right now.

I belive girls dress that way because they know they'll get guys' attention. That simple, and heck everyone else is doing it. But I'm guy and it's really not my place to speak.

 
At 10:28 AM, August 07, 2005, Blogger .. said...

gosh, who wants to be loved for the outside? what about inside?

I agree about the pointless christian groups.
sometimes the christian music (well the worshipy stuff) seems a little too optimistic and...odd

 

Post a Comment

<< Home