Monday, August 01, 2005

Woot!

Ok, forgive me. But I found this song. And.... I've been having something of an identity crisis of late, and was ready to cry tonight, but it cheered me up. So here you are! :D

Average Girl
So what I'm not your average girl
i don't meet the standards of this world
Chasing after boys is not my thing
See I'm waiting for a wedding ring

No more dating
I'm just waiting
Life sleeping beauty
my prince will come for me
no more dating
I'm just waiting
'Cause God is writing my love story

Boys are bad, that's certainly not true
'Cause God's preparing one for you
If you get tired waiting till he comes
God's arms are the perfect place to run!

Sleep that's the only thing
For me 'cause when I sleep God's
Preparing one for me....


Ok, some of those lines just seem weird, but.... People think I'm weird, I don't mind being different, but this is different. And yeah, waiting is hard. Like you wouldn't believe. Guarding my heart isn't easy. I'm just thankful for the weekend to recover. Seventh day is good.

The song starts nice and with an attitude. Which sometimes I really wish I had. lol. Anyway. devos should start soon. I think I shall work on plans. Farewell my dear friends.

Shout out to Jason. Holla! er, yeah. yes porky I hear you. :)

10 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, August 02, 2005, Blogger Marguerite said...

Aha! Ok, I did some research, my sister has no clue who you are, but... I know JASON!!! :) And you went with him to Yellowstone! And all that fun stuff!! Yay! Isn't he so cool? Does he still like Chicken pizza?

 
At 10:40 PM, August 02, 2005, Blogger Marguerite said...

Oh, and you comment like I do! More than some certain people post. :P that's wonderful! Like do you ever wonder what makes a guy write so much? And then do you wonder what made him stop, and how many sentences were erased before the comment went to press? (I usually chop mine in half, a full serving is overwhelming... :P)

 
At 12:14 AM, August 03, 2005, Blogger Jacob Feldman said...

Oh my gosh! It's an overly Christian young man who loves God and belives in courtship! AAAAAAHHHH!!! Welcome to the club, brotha!

 
At 8:34 AM, August 03, 2005, Blogger Marguerite said...

Overly Christian? Is it possible?

um. i just realized that i didn't actually say anything about your "sermon."

Exactly. I work at a daycare, and my coworkers are for the most part nice, but they're not Christians, and they think I'm weird. Not because of my stance on dating, because they don't know it as far as I know. One of the kids offered to give me a makeover and pick out my clothes for me. i was like..... Um, I like my clothes thanks. All the while wondering what he would have me wearing...

My sister and I work at the same place. But she's way different than I. She's "normal." Rather unfortunate.

speaking of work. I must go get ready. Woohoo!

 
At 12:48 PM, August 03, 2005, Blogger .. said...

this is mella, I was in spanish class with "orange man" last year.
so i'm bored and looking at ppls blogs.
barlowgirl!!!
I loooove the lyrics to that song. theres also another about clothes or w/e.
so anyway...

 
At 6:33 PM, August 03, 2005, Blogger Marguerite said...

MELLA!!!!

Ahem, I mean welcome. :)

 
At 11:08 AM, August 04, 2005, Blogger .. said...

yeah i hate the word courtship.
(sorry to be commenting on this random friend of jacobs blog...i'm just deathly bored as usual)
it sounds like the middle ages.
my parents will only really let me date in groups when im like 20.

 
At 9:19 PM, August 04, 2005, Blogger Jacob Feldman said...

Flatbill, I hope you're justing being really dramatic right now. Yeah, that's cool and all but you seem to push "chivilrious guys" a little over the top. I find most guys are jerks, including myself.
And it's EOWYN!!! She rocks BEAUTIFULL!!!
Courting is "Dating with a purpose". No, that's not courting. Sorry, that's called dating. Hey, it's all good man!

 
At 11:15 PM, August 04, 2005, Blogger Marguerite said...

Will, if I may advise you?

Don't reply to the Orange Man. He is trying to start a debate.

WHAT ON EARTH IS WRONG WITH CHIVALRY????

Like I say , the Middle ages or mideval times or whatever weren't all bad.

But then... I'm no feminist. I find them rather annoying. I shan't begin on that one.

What's wrong with a guy sticking up for a girl who's doing right? (not saying courting is the only Godly way. There's always arranged marraige). Cause seriously, guys like that are few and far between. Even Christian guys tend to think it's weird.
(see above comment)

 
At 2:52 PM, August 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God that there's Chivalry amongst young men out there!!!
That song in your post has wonderful lyrics! As I was reading it I was saying to myself "That's me!". It's funny because I just said a line similar to "Boys are bad, that's certainly not true/ 'cause God's preparing one for you" to my dad a few days ago when he warned me yet again about how all boys are bad. Thanks for posting these great songs!!! God Bless You!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home