Wednesday, June 29, 2005

KA BOOM!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE thunderstorms. Love them! And guess what it's doing? Thunderstorming! We totally needed it. It's been so hot and humid.

Everyone at work has been getting colds. Well, four staff. My theory: We move from 90+ degrees to 75 three times a day. and vice versa. Not good for me. And now my nose it dripping and it is driving me insane!!! Today Donnie and I were in my room and we're running out of tissues. And it's not because FernGully2 is so sad.

Today was stressful. I had the youngest group and they are a handful. I don't like yelling, and sitting them in time out isn't working. And... Then, we finally get all sitting down and settled, and half of them need to use the bathroom. They were JUST THERE!!! "But you didn't tell us to use the bathroom." And yet they are offended without me telling time, make noise without me telling them, attack eachother without me telling them!!

The older groups are so SENSATIVE! One girl thinks everyone hates her. That them touching her in passing was them smacking her because they want her to die. Another girl starts crying when a boy says her friend is the finest girl in the world. And I'm like.... um. you're HOW old??

There are a few kids I really like. The ones that behave and listen and are respectful and .... Quiet? Ok, I admit, my number one rule is Be Quiet. They get so loud. I'm losing my voice as it is. And yesterday they took half an hour to finally get them all in thier groups. Today I took my groups during lulls in conversation and left.

And yeah, I'm frustrated at some of the staff. I'm not going to talk about that, because they might actually read this sometime. And then never speak to me. grrr.

Divorce stinks. One of the kids is torn up about their parents divorce. They've been divorced a while, I"m not sure how long, but things are changing now, and he doesn't want them too. If you guys could pray for him, that God would be able to use me or some one to help him out. That He'd change teh situation or make it bearable for the kid.

If there's one thing that tears me up, it's kids hurting. Like the little second grader with the headache and tears pouring down his face. But how much can one camp counselor do? Pray, yeah, which should feel totally sufficient, but I'd like to do something to help them right now. The whole attitude is an underestimation of the Lord. Stupid human.

My grandparents are getting here this week. I'm psyched. I can hardly wait!! Woohoo! um yeah. :P

Oh and my mom told coach "yes" that the word is russian, which would be "da" then the kids started calling him coach Da. Some of them got in trouble for that..... It's kinda my fault, yet they wouldn't listen when I corrected them. Anyway.

Dobree Vechare

1 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, July 05, 2005, Blogger Marieke said...

DA - da!Marguerite Da

 

Post a Comment

<< Home