Thursday, June 23, 2005

Aloha!

I'm getting tan!!! very nice. Except it's a farmer's tan. But it's cool anyway. Skin cancer here I come!! Actually studies have shown that you do need a little bit of sun. So about forty five minutes a day scattered through-out the day might be a good thing.

You know, knowing this many kids, you don't go anywhere with out seeing someone you know, or at least recognize. Tonight my mom and I went to Walmart and the grocery store, and in both places we saw kids from work. One I recognized, but I don't know his name yet. The other we've known all year.

I had the oldest group of kids today for the first time. They're sooo much fun. They're the one's going into highschool. Outside of work, I hang out with kids their age. So we have fun. Cracking jokes the whole time.

Oh, my drama amigos, one of them told another to shake his ears. I thought it was hilarious. I work in the Ed Center, and I told them that when I'm gone for a week one of the guy counselors will be taking over. This guy is really fun, always joking around, He calls me Margarita to "liven things up." So while I"m gone it's going to be the Special ED Center. A hahaha hah. THEY thought it was funny.

And then there's one boy in the group who's the Camp clown, he's seriously funny. Then there are two girls in the same group that think he's hilarious. They laugh at Everything he says. That's pretty funny.

Then there's the kid who hated me the first day, and I think now believes I'm Gullible. I'm not stupid. I know he stole half the candy. He won't be getting anymore. That's all. On the one hand he's cool. On the other, he likes to see what he can get away with. He didn't know how to play Uno. So we taught him today. He has one of the most beautiful smiles.

There's one girl who is VERY quiet. the other day the whole group had to sit and be quiet because they were acting up. So I was "babysitting" them for their counselor. So I was talking to them. They're in trouble, I can lecture all I want. Woohoo. Anyway. They were cutting up some more a bit. If I had to talk to their counselor, they'd be sitting even longer, all of them. So I point out that that would mean this one girl would have to sit too. "HOw much has she been talking and cutting up all day?" And one of them says, "She hasn't made a peep!" I guess maybe you have to know this kid...

I work at a daycare, for those of you who didn't know and haven't picked it up yet. Like Maybe Pyro Joe or something. It's a great place to work. There are some kids who SERIOUSLY get on your nerves, but then there are the ones that are absolutely wonderful.

Oooh and the new staff guy talked today! it may not be a good thing. I yelled at the kids during snack yesterday, cause they wouldn't be quiet so we could send them to their classes. I was pretty fed up and kinda went off on them. So Charlie is like "maybe you should try again today." It was funny. Then we got to talking about his new tattoo and stuff. I had two conversations about body peircing today. It was weird. One was with a kid about peircings. Another with Charlie about his tattoos. They're cool. Ok, it's late, I need my rest.

Dobree Vechar

1 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, June 24, 2005, Blogger Marguerite said...

Not at all. But we have a mutual friend. Or maybe enemy. Jason. Duh duh duh!

Hey, we could stage a pillow fight on his blog! oooh that'd be fun.

Anyway, no you don't know me. Yet. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home