Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I survived... barely

For those of you who were paying attention to yesterday's post, like Jason, (who has a new blog, btw, check it out.) I was super nervous about the summer daycare. But I have survived two days of it. Not like I'm an old pro or something... But I'm still alive and some of the kids don't hate me yet. Some do.

But yeah it happens. Some of the kids end up hating me, because i don't let them get away with things. well... for the most part. Some of them are really sweet. There's one, who does this awesome monkey face. He's pretty sweet. A seven year old proposed to me today. I was flattered, said I was too old for him, he's like "how old are you?" They're great.

What's funny is when the kids from last year think I"m my sister. They come up talking to me like I know them. It's really funny. Seriously. But we're used to the kids doing double takes when they leave the front desk, come to my room for snack and they're like, wait, you were just upstairs..."

I'm meeting the new staff too. A lot of them are new. We about doubled our normal crew. So I'm getting to know the college kids and all. It's a lot of fun. One of the guys who's been there all year, but as a junior counselor volounteer, he's started calling me Margarita.

And my dad picked up that awful nickname that Cheese calls me, and it's all Bertha's fault.

The new staff are pretty cool, of course, I haven't actually met them all. There's one girl I don't know, and a guy who I just met today. He's quiet, she's... I have no clue, she's on the trips taking kids to the pool or something. :D

Just so you all know, I'm prob going to be a lot skinnier at the end of this summer. We have about five minutes to eat lunch, and then we're talking to kids and all. And I'm riding my bike to work and back half the time. I'll have to get pointers from Applesauce Man on how to not be too skinny.

I have to remember names for about two hundred kids. I'm doing pretty well, I think. Except of course, the two that I mix up. Every year there has to be a couple of them. This time at least the names both start with the same letters. During the school year, they weren't. But those two hung out together, these two don't, one's a trouble maker, the other's a pretty good kid, but I always call his name when the other one is acting up. Pretty frustrating. And the good kid is like, I'm not doing anything. Prob by the end of the summer, they'll be answering to eachother's names, at least in my room.

I could go on. But I'm seriously tired, those kids will wear you out. I'm going to stop making sense or catching typos. So long for now.

4 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, June 21, 2005, Blogger Jacob Feldman said...

Sounds tiring. Good stuff eh? Man, what busy lives we lead...

 
At 8:05 AM, June 23, 2005, Blogger Marguerite said...

You're the Flaming Sniper monkey, no? I checked out yours too. If I ever want to blow something up, I know where to go. :D

 
At 3:22 PM, June 24, 2005, Blogger Marieke said...

Wait, is this bethany or marguerite's blog?... just kidding!

 
At 4:56 PM, June 25, 2005, Blogger Marguerite said...

It's mine, why do you ask?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home