Saturday, June 18, 2005

Thoughts

So, yesterday Gary and I were talking, and he told me about something he's been chewing on. (not really, that'd be gross). See, you know how God the Father calls himself Abba Father, which is like Daddy. Gary was thinking, why didn't he want to be called Grandfather?

So he was comparing the roles of Daddy and Grampas. I don't know about your Grampa, but Mine has never grounded or spanked me. And I wasn't an exceptionally bad kid, but I did get punished a bit, by my dad.

So a father chastens us. And the Lord does that. Just look at the Isrealites. They were almost always in some kind of trouble. He grounded them with droughts and famines, spanked them with the Assyrians, Babylonians, and all those other people who they fought with and lost.

So that was that thought.

Oh and we're reading Haggai now. The first chapter is about God telling the people to build His temple. And they're like, no this isn't the time, we don't have the money. And He says, kids, you've got things in your houses you don't need, you spent money for those, but you won't build my house?

So how does this apply to me? I am God's temple. If you think about it spiritually, am I taking time to make my mind, heart, an acceptable home for the Lord? They said it's not the right time. For me, I'm always running and wasting time on stupid things then I "don't have time."

That's my thought for the day.

By the way you crazy drama people, Cheese is a nickname for a person... I'm guessing you got that. But ... whate'er, you're all crazy!! (me too)

Today we had training. They made the staff play those games we make the kids play to wear them out. Woohoo! It wasn't so bad. We got to spend time with our new co-workers. AHHH. Camp starts on Monday and I am going to be freaking out. It's a gigantic responsibility, and then there's the inspectors who show up with no notice and .... We're going to have new kids. The kids during the school year I know, and they're pretty good, but you hear all these horror stories at training. Yikes. OK, I've got to go. Later you all.

2 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, June 19, 2005, Blogger Jacob Feldman said...

Do you like chedder or swiss better?

 
At 8:49 AM, June 20, 2005, Blogger Marguerite said...

ADAM!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home