Thursday, October 27, 2005

Frozen through

I'm writing my research paper on the Armenian genocide. Have you ever heard of it? Probably not, most folks haven't. One and a half Million people were killed, brutally worked to death and tortured and driven from their homes to the wilderness to starve to death, or be murdered. And no one has heard of it. Pitiful isn't it? Over half of the population was killed. Look it up. Actually, last night I tried too at our school library. We have three books in our entire library system on the genocide. In chronicles of the times, there would be one sentence, mentioning them in passing. KNow something? The United States knew about it. But we didn't do anything about. Pretty sad.

Another guy is doing his on some stuff with people disapearring in Argentina and Chile, weird stuff, gross stuff. Another is doing his on Marijuana use. "Timely" says the Doc. Some officials on the Hill are saying the war on drugs is making a lower class that is um... being fought against by our government. I think that's how he put it. Interesting. My professor is hoping some of ours can be sent upstairs to be saved for the files, the records, for when accreditting services come. OOoo.

I talk way too much these days. I'm considering not talking for a couple days. I mean, I even talk to myself. I can't seem to think unless I'm talking. Which may explain some of the really random stuff that ends up as comments.

Also, Halloween is on Monday. It's giving me the creeps.

I'm considering dying my hair. Probably red, but I'm afraid Beth will get mad at me for copying her. I'm totally not trying to. I"m tired of being boring though. That's a simple way to not be boring. And less permanent than getting my ear peirced.

Tomorrow is the Corn Maze. Brr.... Note to self, Bring gloves. Hold up, self, do oyu even have gloves? Find some nice cozy gloves.

Last year at Scaremare we stood in line for a couple hours and it was COLD. Like colder than now. And most of us weren't dressed for it, so we huddled together and held kettle corn and tucked our hands in our armpits and danced around and sang. It was fun. And scary.

4 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, October 27, 2005, Blogger Jason said...

dang it. i wished i lived in virginia.

anywaz, maybye ill dye my hair.
green. i dunno. i probably wont do anything for halloween.

 
At 10:43 PM, October 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New background!!! New Background! Yay!

Dying hair red; dying hair green?
It's not Christmas, it's "Reformation Day"!

 
At 12:59 PM, October 28, 2005, Blogger Marguerite said...

Green is cool, but i"m not really a green hair kind of person, I'll leave that one to you guys, Adam and Jason.

Um, what's reformation day?

Virginia is the COOLEST!!!!
Like it's freezing and it snowed in the mountains.

 
At 7:02 PM, October 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re-formation Day is on the same date as Halloween. It is the celebration of when Martin Luther "reformed" the catholic church! Hence: Reformation Day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home