Saturday, April 01, 2006

*sigh* I think I'm in LOVE....

Don't worry, It's not some movie star. But... It's a guy who was pretty old when he died. And was married. I think his son is as old as my dad. But golly, the man can sing, and he's so romantic. And sad. Girls always seem to be leaving him. Poor guy. Johnny Cash.... He's so dreamy. *sigh* I think I"m going to listen to him sing forever.

Um... Yeah. I'm sure there was something else I was going to write about. But I"m not sure what.

Lately, I've become aware that not everyone has the benefit of the teaching that I have had. My parents, from before we could understand, have been reading us the Bible every day, and explaining it. Not only that, they taught us about Creation. Which I've come to realize is not as normal as I thought it was. Not only were we learning about it in the Bible since I can remember, my dad did a lot of studying and handed on what he learned to us. We have Creationism books all over our house, and while I've not read even half of them, I betcha I know most of what's in the rest of them. See, the other night I was talking to a friend who's Catholic, who just recently came to believe in the literal six day Creation. He went to Catholic schools his whole life but the two years that he was homeschooled. So we got to talking about Creationism and the Flood. I mentioned the flood and he didn't know how it connected. There are things that I know, that just seem part of it. Like everyone being vegetarians before the Flood. I've always factored that in, always known it. But it seems totally foreign to a lot of people that I"ve talked to about this. (Check out Genesis 1:30 if you're wondering, and then I think chapter Eleven, when God tells Noah that hey tcan eat meat.)

God has really blessed me with my parents. My dad's had us disscussing the Bible for as long I can remember. I don't know what I would do without the things that they made sure I learned.

4 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, April 01, 2006, Blogger Leah said...

Eee Johnny Cash!!...don't worry Marguerite, I've fallen in love with dead guys too...

 
At 4:20 PM, April 01, 2006, Blogger Marguerite said...

we ought to start a club... but that'd be creepy... We could raise money to visit their graves and wear all black. Heh. :)

 
At 8:22 PM, April 02, 2006, Blogger Leah said...

I love it!!

 
At 8:39 PM, April 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa. No lovesick over dead guys club! That's just creepy-weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home