Monday, March 13, 2006

OH HAPPY DAY!

Er, um yeah. :-D

Yesterday, my last day of spring break, of freedom, is over. But boy it was fun while it lasted. First, it was BEAUTIFUL. I got up and got to wear sandals to church, which is so cool. And then I got to drive to church, with the windows down and singing with the radio. First time I've been able to do that. Then we got to church and had sunday school outside in the sun and warmth. It was really nice. Then after church we were going over to our pastor's house for lunch. Since I'd driven my car, my dad and I set out to find their house on our own. Daddy said he knew how to get there. Haha.

We drove around for a half an hour before we found it. But it was so pretty out, and the windows down and the birds singing, and driving on these really fun roads that twist and turn. Wow. It was a lot of fun.

Then we hung out at Pastor D.'s house, talking about dogs and stuff, cracking up with Scott and Liz, our youth pastor and his wife, also the son in law and daughter of our pastor, but... :-P that's another story. Bethany got to talk about all the things that happened at Brian's Tae Kwon Do tournament, which he won, of course. It was her first one.

A little girl moved up a division to fight, and there were fouir boys in that one. They thought they had her beat. She beat them all and made two of them cry.

Back to sunday. Then Bethany and I went with Dave (pastor's son, who I've known well, since I was born I guess) because he got his liscence and a truck, so he took us downtown for coffee and it was great fun. (He drives fast, but don't tell anyone, haha)

After evening church, which was also good, about worshipping and praising God, even when we're not at the top, or happy or ...insert human emotion here...

BUT....

The crowning moment of my day was the ride home. I finally took the leap. I drove at night. In the rain no less. And I didn't even scare Daddy once. It was really cool.

I used to drag my feet so much about driving, but now... I love it. I mean, I still am not so sure about everything, like the interstate, but it's all good. I'll get it, no worries. I'm going to get my liscence soon. Woot! :-P Later

PS Jason, today I rode through your old neighborhood. Funny stuff. And memories. Chicken pizza and star wars monopoly. I still don't get either one.

1 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Leah said...

I want warm weather!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home