Friday, February 10, 2006

A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes...

Today I went to school. The bus was 10 minutes late when usually it's five minutes early, and then there were LOTS of people on it. So I rode the bus, and talked to this guy from Jamaica, and then my friend got on , but he didn't see me, so he couldn't rescue me from the guy from Jamaica. That was sad.

But then I got to school. And I sat downstairs and read my book for a half hour before going up to class. I climbed the nine sets of stairs and came to the third floor and there in the hallway, hung a banner. I though, "Oh some club is doing something." Since the African American Club is making itself known, it being Black History month and all. But I came too it, and realized that it wasn't really up to their standards. It looked like it'd been cut from a bedsheet, and the painting was obviously done by hand. And then I read it. "WILL YOU BE MY VALENTINE MORGAN?"

I thought that that was the sweetest thing. Makes me almost want a Valentine. Almost, but not quite.

To clarify on the Gentleman issue. I LOVE Gentlemen. I do! I just have a little trouble with knowing how to react, since there seem to be an odd lack of them in my life. Not that the guys aren't gentlemen, but that they don't do more than open doors, really. I was not in anyway placing fault or anger on gentlemen, but completely on myself. I am a work in progress, some days the progress is faster than others, and sometimes it seems to go backwards.

4 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Marguerite said...

Yes. Absolutely. That was the plan.

 
At 1:35 AM, February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for gentlemen!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

 
At 9:55 AM, February 16, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

ummmmm.....yes. ninja kick them. that will bring them running!

so, do you have mon. off? we could try the halo thingy.

 
At 11:31 AM, February 17, 2006, Blogger Marguerite said...

Why would I have monday off? And if I did, the kids would, which means.... I have to work. The downside of working at a daycare. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home