Monday, January 16, 2006

Daddy's Friends

I'm thankful for them.

It's now time for another update on my house. YAY!!! Actually, it now has four walls, a roof, a ceiling, two floors, three windows, and..... Some other stuff.

The other stuff hasn't been installed yet. But last night my Uncle gave us a skylight, for over the stairs, I suspect (I may be called down today for my opinion on that matter), and he gave us some wood flooring (woot!). And then daddy's friend (almost another uncle to us) gave us some carpetting for the loft. What would we do without them? Well.... we'd end up painting the floor and getting splinters. Ouch.

So now there will be a lovely wood floor to go under my rug, and then we can dance and cut a rug. haha.

Anyway. I tried to tak a picture for you all, but..... It didn't work.

The windows in the loft face east and west, so I'll be woken up by the sunrise. :) Well, if I weren't going to be investing in some window treatments. :P And we're going to put bookshelves over the stairs (my idea, and totally brilliant, if I can say so myself). It's sooo Exciting!! I can hardly wait. :D

I talked to Jason's mom and she said that you folks out in Washington are feeling cold, wet and depressed. I understand. The Redskins beat you. But then the Redskins were beat. *sigh* The whole area was rooting for them. Even people like me who don't follow football. (I just had to ask my sister to make sure you'd been beat).

I apologize to all of you for being out of contact, my parental controls are being stupid, so I write comments then they are lost in cyberspace. I declare, this is oppression and fascism if I ever saw it.

That's also the reason for the lack of posts. (argh!!)

And Elisabeth's Xanga is turning her into Joe. (A kitten sniper? that is sooo Joe)

The wind finally quit blowing. I think. But last night we went out to my uncle's in the country and it was CHILLY. Like you're standing there, no wind or anything, in your coat and hat and scarf and shivering in your moccasins. And then you get in the car and just shiver for the first fifteen minutes. It's sooo cold!

We had to read this story in English about a lady who is a bit mad and she's put in this room for the "rest treatment" and the room has garrish yellow wall paper and she starts seeing things in the wall paper, like a lady. Then she starts seeing the lady outside her windows, all of them, whenever she looks out. At the end, she thinks she is the lady trapped in the wallpaper, and she tears the paper off to get free. That was an interesting story.

Then there was the boy with the rocking horse, who rocked to find out who was going to win horse races, then he bet on them and won 80,000 pounds before he rocked himself to death. All for his poor unlucky mum. That, in an odd way, was a very sweet story.

Enough of my random ramblings. :) I'm off to write a "Writing Sample" for English. Whoopee!

and....

12 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, January 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah...Joe wouldn't post a photoshopped pic of a cute and fluffy kitten with a gun peering out of a window...he'd post something more like this:

http://www.davidrgilbert.com/blog/humor/uploaded_images/cat_w_gun-738066.gif

 
At 9:42 AM, January 18, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

THE OLD BAMBOO,THE OLD BAMBOO, WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH AN OLD BAMBOO?

 
At 8:03 PM, January 21, 2006, Blogger Marguerite said...

Oh Beefloaf! MY HEro! *swoons*

 
At 11:12 AM, January 22, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

HEro????

beefloafs no he....

 
At 5:36 PM, January 22, 2006, Blogger Leah said...

Lol...glad your house is going up, Marguerite!

 
At 6:21 PM, January 22, 2006, Blogger Marguerite said...

:D Leah, you're going to have to come over for a slumber party when it's done.

I'm afraid Marlow killed Jason, or at least dragged him away in un-ninja like conduct.... Don't fight with your ninja brothers.

 
At 7:55 PM, January 28, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

OH!
the old bamboo, the old bamboo,

ILL STAB YOUR SHOE WITH AN OLD BAMBOO!

 
At 5:50 PM, January 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MARGUERITE!!!!

 
At 9:37 AM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

OI!

 
At 9:41 AM, February 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why cant i post????

 
At 9:31 PM, February 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because my computer has coke all over the keyboard, that's why.

 
At 7:21 AM, February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still think it was because my computer has coke all over the keyboard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home