Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Oh to be a grown up.

I know, it's been weeks since that last oh so confusing post.

Thankfully, I only have a couple more weeks of school. I'm so excited. As much as I enjoy my business classes, I don't like school.

What to do between the end of my school and when I have to start working full time. I'm thinking about taking a trip. (I always say this. But I never go anywhere.) This time.... I'm determined. I'm getting Cabin Fever and I feel like I have to do something to prove my adulthood and since moving out is out of the question because of finances and transportation and my dad is in the middle of building me a house, I'm not an ungrateful daughter, I must do something else.

It is so stifling here. I'm 19. I have to be home by 8 p.m. on weeknights unless given express permission. My little sister is constantly telling me what to do, and I don't understand how she is so much more experienced at getting ready for work. She's never had a regular job!

The story of my life. Have I somewhere forgotten to put up walls to make me older and wiser than my sisters and brothers? I don't want to do that, not really. I just want people to realize that, yes, Marguerite IS capable of taking care of herself.

Maybe I"m too nice. I don't run off without telling people where I'm going. When I go to school every morning I make sure to tell someone I"m leaving. Or when I go to work. I thought I was being considerate. But.... I guess not. I guess I'm being a baby. (I have no idea how that makes me a baby).

Maybe it's because most of my friends quickly become friends of my family. So my siblings know all of them and I get no peace. Most of the time I don't bite people's heads off for asking the first time who I'm talk to on the phone.

There has to be some solution besides getting mean all of a sudden and developing an attitude problem. I thought I already went through that stage! Apparently, my folks didn't take the hint.

Did you know that Lego makes Ferrarris?

1 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, April 21, 2006, Blogger Leah said...

Hmm...I wouldn't recommend an attitude. In my experience, they don't work too well. (Sorry, more advice from a younger person...)
lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home