Friday, April 21, 2006

Fulsome Prison, Nottingham and other random thoughts.

There is a guy in my English class named Jonathan Little. The other day they were talking about it, him and some other folks, the others saying everytime they saw him they thought of Little John, like in Robin Hood. The thing is, Little john was a nickname because the other outlaws thought it was funny that a guy named John Little was so daggone BIG. Jonathan is really tall. He sits in the corner of class, in the back, two seats behind me and stretches his legs way out in front of him. He's a funny guy. And he has a really nice deep voice.

Faith is learning how to sing Fulsome Prison, you know, by Johnny Cash. I play, she sings. I taught Hayden how to play and sing it, since it's fairly easy to play. E7, A7, B7. Repeat.

Now for those other random thoughts. I can't remember what they were. I specifically remember something that I wanted to write, about work .... but it's gone.

So instead, I will ask. What is your favorite Fla-Vor-Ice color, Blue, Green, Orange, Purple, Pink, or Red?

(If you don't remember what they are, you ought to have your childhood certification revoked, but I'll remind you, they're those popsicles that your mom bought in a box of about a gazillion and they're long and you eat them out of the plastic and you ate them by the dozen in the summer and your little brothers would have the juice running down their chests and you'd be sticky for hours until dinner and your mom made you wash your hands, then gave up and threw you in the tub to make sure you were her child.)

That, my dear watson, is a run-on sentence.

6 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, April 22, 2006, Blogger Leah said...

That brings back memories...my favorite was orange. I couldn't stand purple or red.

 
At 2:53 PM, April 22, 2006, Blogger Marguerite said...

I like orange best, then green next. I didn't like red or purple either. I don't think we had blue pink back in my day. :-P

 
At 4:05 AM, April 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked purple even though your tongue was stained for hours afterwards...and orange is always good.

 
At 9:01 PM, April 24, 2006, Blogger Leah said...

It was an occasion when we got blue or green ones...

 
At 7:13 PM, April 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved green because it's the best, despite popular opinion. Oddly enough, I have food allergies and wasn't supposed to be eating those things anyway... But then again, rules for kids are made to be bent in odd and interesting ways.

But I have a thing for green anyway.

 
At 5:09 PM, May 04, 2006, Blogger Marieke said...

probably the orange and green ones... I had them for the first time when i was 10? 11? so i don't really know :-) what about you my lovely run-on-sentencer?

:-) I love the way i can "choose an identity..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home