Saturday, June 24, 2006

Kryptonite

Today, the last day of the first week of summer camp. I have survived, and even enjoyed myself. Despite teens with attitudes, and first graders with tears.

But Alas! Group Seven has discovered my weakness.

I Cannot Play Spoons And Sing At The Same Time.

I mean, I can play, but I have a hard time watching the cards and getting a spoon and so then I get the points and I lose.

So of course, there sit seven girls, "Ms. Marguerite, what's that song that you and Ms. Bethany sing that's really funny?"

Like I would know that. It describes just about every song we sing.

In any case, I refrained from singing, mostly.

I did end up humming while beating a girl at a card game she'd just showed me how to play.

And I whistled while cleaning up the Lincoln Logs that were dumped all over my floor by eager young men who didn't know such things existed.

And I may have tapped a beat on the counter while taking some young ladies' temperatures. (They were burning up. I wonder if being a mom part time to a hundred kids makes being a mom to a half dozen full time easier.)

I really do like my job, especially on days like today when the kids are happy. When they're good they're not too bad, when they're bad, they're horrid.

That's all Folks!

3 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, June 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of card games. Rather be out walking, making witty comments about the old person that just tripped on the curb, and then stop for some ice cream at the shop.

 
At 11:00 PM, June 24, 2006, Blogger Marguerite said...

you are missing out, buddy. I thought all old people played cards. I learned to play from my grandparents. I gues you were too busy watching Pinky and the Brain, huh?

 
At 12:09 AM, June 29, 2006, Blogger Marguerite said...

Of course I have fun! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home